Program / Sessions
The Scientific Program of BIOGEOMON 2017 will feature six 35-minute Plenary lectures, five concurrent oral sessions, and daily poster sessions. On Wednesday, August 23, we will leave the conference center and undertake one-day Mid-symposium field trips.
The time slot for oral presentations, both invited and contributed, is 20 minutes, (15 minutes talk + 5 minutes discussion). The poster format is A0 portrait (171 cm high, 98 cm wide).
Chris Evans, Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Environment Centre Wales, Bangor, U.K.
Jim Kirchner, Department of Environmental System Sciences, ETH Zurich, and Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL, Birmensdorf, Switzerland; Department of Earth and Planetary Science, University of California, Berkeley, U.S.A.
Marie Spohn, Department of Soil Ecology, Bayreuth Center of Ecology and Environmental Research (BayCEER), University of Bayreuth, Germany
Stefano Manzoni, Department of Physical Geography and Bolin Center for Climate Research, Stockholm University, Sweden
Marty Goldhaber, U.S. Geological Survey, Denver Federal Center, Colorado, U.S.A.
Raisa Mäkipää, Natural Resources Institute, Helsinki, Finland
BIOGEOMON 2017 Sessions:
- Catchment monitoring/manipulations/models. Conveners: Jack Cosby, Steve Norton, Jakub Hruška
- Long-term trends in ecosystem functioning. Conveners: John Stoddard, Filip Moldan, Ivan Fernandez
- Biosphere-atmosphere interactions in an era of global change. Conveners: Henning Meesenburg, Iva Hůnová, Martin Forsius
- Belowground turnover of carbon in forest ecosystems. Conveners: Mona Högberg, Lars Vesterdal, Jiří Kaňa
- Biogeochemistry of wetlands. Conveners: Klaus-Holger Knorr, Leon Lamers, Martin Novák
- Controls on dissolved organic matter fluxes. Conveners: Karsten Kalbitz, Don Monteith, Georg Guggenberger
- Biogeochemistry of nitrogen. Conveners: Christy Goodale, Nobuhito Ohte, Bill McDowell
- Cycling of phosphorus in forest, grassland and wetland ecosystems. Conveners: Reiner Giesler, Jiří Kopáček
- Links between the biogeochemical cycles of C, N, S, P, Ca, Mg, K and Si. Conveners: Marie Spohn, Filip Oulehle
- Trace-element and metal biogeochemistry. Conveners: Aria Amirbahman, Barbora Doušová, James Rothwell
- Stoichiometry in process-level studies. Conveners: Stefano Manzoni, Hana Šantrůčková, Egbert Matzner
- Linking biodiversity and biogeochemistry. Conveners: Wieger Wamelink, Andreas Heinemeyer
- Weathering and chemical processes as keys to ecosystem functioning. Conveners: Heather Buss, François Chabaux, Pavel Krám
- Linking microbial communities with element pools and fluxes. Conveners: Sophie Zechmeister-Boltenstern, Eva Kaštovská
- The role of dead wood in forest biogeochemistry. Conveners: Werner Borken, Pavel Šamonil
- Traditional and novel isotope systems in the environment. Conveners: Anne-Desiree Schmitt, Gerhard Gebauer, Bernhard Mayer, František Buzek
- Archives of past changes in pollution levels/climatic parameters. Conveners: Martine Savard, Alain Veron, Tomáš Navrátil
- Extreme events and ecosystem health. Conveners: Liisa Ukonmaanaho, Claus Beier, Jamie Shanley
- Subarctic and arctic environments. Conveners: Andreas Richter, Sergey Zimov, Melanie Vile
- Ecosystem restoration/rehabilitation/management. Conveners: Werner Gerwin, Stefan Peiffer, Wolfgang Schaaf, Jan Frouz